Welcome to our Raising the Standards Conference!
Join us for our annual PTI Raising the Standards Conference April 20-21, 2023.
Registration is now open! Click Here to register.
View our schedule to see what sessions interest you. (There has been an update from the original)
April 20, 2023 (Thursday)
Session 1 – 8:30am-12:30pm
– Alabama Parent Education Center Overview
– Reflections of a Parent with a Child with Disabilities
– Disability (Youth) Based Bullying
– AAC: What is it, How do I get it, and What do I do with it?
Session 2 – 1:00pm-6:00pm
– Mental Health Needs in Youth
– Vision Loss/ Low Vision in the Classroom
– Alabama Numeracy Act
– What is Occupational Therapy and What is its Role in the Educational System
April 21, 2023 (Friday)
Session 3 – 8:30am-12:30pm
– Understanding Auditory Processing Disorders (APD)
– What Parent Need to Know: Dispute Resolution in Alabama
– Special Education for Preschoolers
– The Alabama Literacy Act: Grade Level Readers and What Supports Struggling Readers
Session 4 – 1:00pm-6:00pm
– Alabama Disability Advocacy Program (ADAP) Client Assistance Program: Advocates for Youth in Transition
– Using Medicaid Waiver Services to Support Life and Work in the Community
– Health Literacy: Questions are the Answers
– Alabama ABLE Savings Plan
– Best Practices for Children Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
If you have any questions, contact Teresa Moulton at 334-567-2252 or email email@example.com