Welcome to our Raising the Standards Conference!
Thank you to everyone who made our 2022 Raising the Standards Conference possible!
If you missed anything and would like to review, check out our videos on Facebook (handouts can be found on our Training Handouts page).
Raising the Standards is a statewide virtual conference for families of children with disabilities, educators, and professionals supporting youth and their families in early intervention and special education.
Session 1: May 18, 2022 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Click Here to view Session 1
- How Communication Plans Can Benefit Children and Youth with Hearing Impairments and Those who are Deaf
- Traumatic Brain Injury Screening, Diagnosis, Services and Supports in Alabama
- The IFTW Independent Living Here We Come Checklist, How to Know What Skills Your Child Has and What Skills They Need to Acquire; A Tool You Can
- The Underdiagnoses of Girls & Women with ADHD
Session 2: May 19, 2022 8:30am to 12:00pm
Click Here to view Session 2
- Hispanic Outreach for Families Impacted by IDD
- Early Intervention Basics What’s New In Alabama
- Your Mental Health Matters
Session 3: May 19, 2022 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Click Here to view Session 3
- Guardianships, Conservatorships and Less Restrictive Alternatives
- Developmental Disabilities Council Overview
- Introduction to the Independent Futures That Work Project
Session 4: May 19, 2022 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Click Here to view Session 4
- Youth in Action and Advocacy; The Colby Act
Colby and his mother, Kim, will present an overview of the history of the Supported Decision Making Initiative and a How To Develop your own team of Supportive Decision Makers. In this session attendees will hear about Colby’s journey to independence and how he rallied the supports that he needed around him to become successful. Youth are strongly encouraged to attend this session along with parents and those who support young people on the road to independence. You will not want to miss this session.
Certificates of Attendance may be requested after you have completed polls and the conference evaluation.
For more information, contact Teresa Moulton (AL PTI Training Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 334-567-2252.
You can also join our Facebook group, answer the questions, and learn more including watching previous year’s presentations. You can find the handouts from previous years and sessions if you go to our Handouts page.
We also encourage you to participate in our monthly webinars to learn helpful information regarding Parent Training. You can check it out on our Calendar page.
For videos from 2021 Raising the Standards Conference, click on our YouTube Links for each session: 2021Session 1, 2021Session 2, 2021Session 3, 2021Session 4
For those who desire the session in another language, follow our Easy Steps for the desired subtitles.